
This section of the camera manual talks about how to use the auto features of the camera. Turns out, there is stuff on page 32 I didn't know. I picked up two useful tips about autofocus and how to change which point the camera focuses on. I demonstrated with this Luigi statue by forcing the focus to his feet rather than his head though it is hard to see, he's only about 2 inches tall. :)

Great theme idea. I go back and spend a lot of time in my camera manual also. It seems like new things get printed there every time I go back.
ReplyDeleteThis will be a really interesting challenge. Maybe I'll pick up a few tips from you along the way. I like the way the statue isn't dread centre.
ReplyDeleteI would normally object to such a heavy and harsh shadow, but because you have fitted it into the frame as part of the effect of the image, it works well.
ReplyDeleteReading the manual is a good place to start!
This is a great idea. I hope you will continue to tell us the tips you are employing, so we can also learn some new tricks!! Maybe one of your subjects can be the flamingo? ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great idea!
ReplyDeleteWell, you will probably inspire me to read my manual when I see the neat stuff you are discovering! Nice to have Luigi welcoming us to the 30 days :D
ReplyDeletewhat a brave choice of theme. I do think it is a smart one though, imagine all you will learn this month.. fantastic start with a very fun image. :-)
ReplyDeleteOk for a moment I thought you were going to do Toys like me...lol. I can't wait to see what else you learn from that manual.
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting concept...reading the manual! This is going to be a very cool theme and I love this little Luigi!
ReplyDeleteWe all could do with re-reading our manuals as with some of the DSLR's out now all the buttons are confounding.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little guy, although try some "brightness & contrast" in PS to make him pop.
A great start to the month!!!
I very rarely read the manual.
ReplyDeleteThe shadow is good in this photo as it seems to be intentional to enhance the figurine.
very nice idea and awesome shot!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea for the theme and a cute Luigi to kick it off. We all gonna learn something this month...
ReplyDelete