
I tried to set the white balance by creating a preset based off of a white object. I'm not sure I actually did it right because my results were a bit unexpected. I'm going to try again tomorrow and see what happens with different light sources.
(PS - Kimbomac, I know you don't like these shadows and I agree, but I can only take on one learning experience a day! :) )

I don't know what the true colors are supposed to be, but I do like the color combination you would up with!! Interesting subject, too!
ReplyDeleteIf your background was yellow, then you did this ok, if it was white, then something went wrong. Only you can really know, but tt does look good in this color combination.
ReplyDeleteeury/chezeury
Ha ha at Eury! You do not need to tell us if it was really white - sometimes I end up with an amazing amount of yellow in my shots against white! You are making me feel guilty for not reading my manual - oh well, maybe when this frenzy is over. :) Or I can learn vicariously through you!
ReplyDeleteI like the set up you have there with the glasses but those two in the back make me very nervous!!
ReplyDeleteI like the colors, and I like the shadows.
ReplyDeleteI like the setup. The composition works well.
ReplyDeleteIt's a real lovely composition, and I love the balancing act the 2 on the right are up to.
ReplyDeleteSometimes to correct the white in a photo you need to fiddle in post processing, digital and whites are weird.
pretty colors and a very interesting and precarious subject!
ReplyDeleteI thought you're supposed to use gray color for setting white balance not white, why people use gray cards for presetting white balance. I could be wrong though.
ReplyDeleteMid-grey cards are for 'correct' exposure. White balance is done with a white card (as far as I know). You are right about what I would say about the shadows. They should either be PART of the image, or not in at all. And I think if you had enhanced these, or brought your light source closer, you could have enhanced these to make a rather ominous and large dark presence behind your scene. An interesting way to arrange the still life objects.
ReplyDeleteI love this arrangement of glasses. I can clearly see the base is white and the wall looks creamier.
ReplyDelete